.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Miss Prism's creative urges bear fruit

Readers who are familiar with Mr Wilde's masterly opus, "The Importance of Being Earnest", may recall Prism as being a feeble-minded creature whose deluded belief that she could write a successful novel resulted in what might very easily have been the permanent loss of a Most Important Baby.

Imagine Lady Bracknell's surprise, therefore, to discover that Prism - now living in the United States of America - has honed and refined her creative urges so successfully as to have written and animated a number of inspired pastiches of well-known ditties.

Lady Bracknell was particularly taken with, "Hey, Mr Tangerine Man", although she is aware that this may be because she had a rather disturbing encounter with Mr Kilroy-Slick's tan whilst still at school, and has consequently loathed the man from that day forwards.

Lady Bracknell urges her readers to click on the link: they will not be disappointed.

7 Comments:

Blogger pete said...

It is a great site and have been lurking there abouts for more than a few months. 'Parp' is my favourite, well it would be, wouldn't it?

It has given me the inspiration to start working on a small flash animation about some of the denizens of a certain beeb board.

10:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, the Kilroy-Silk piece was a funny one, lol. Yes, I did enjoy that very much.

Now, after all this fun it'll seem strange of me to bring up Oscar Wilde. However, I do this as I didn't know he wrote "the importance of being ernest". I had thought about requesting that book from the RNIB's talking book service. Now, I'll definitely do so. I absolutely loved "A picture of Dorien Grey". I believe I have anohter one my list. I think it's erm... let me think.

Ah "Lady Windermeer's fan" I believe. I so love the talking book service. I will have to do a post on my blog about it. I've red, well listened maybe,lol, to many a good book on there.

Now, back to the fun!

2:40 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Justin,

Lady Bracknell highly recommends the 1952 film of the play, starring the magnificent Edith Evans as her ladyship.

3:03 pm  
Blogger The Goldfish said...

I am beginning to think that Lady Bracknell should be awarded with the title Duchess of All The Internet. She seems to have a near endless supply of fantabulous links. Soon there will be no corner of the world wide web left unchartered and people will be coming here whenever they wish to buy something or have their heart gladdened by some amusing animation or other.

The only thing people will use Google to look for soon will be pictures of people in a state of profound undress (apparently a popular search).

5:25 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

The Goldfish is much too kind.

In fact, in this particular instance, it was Prism who tracked down her erstwhile employer rather than the other way around.

The Goldfish may rest assured that there wil be no undress, profound or otherwise, on these pages.

7:04 pm  
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Goldfish,

Marmite has heard that this type of search is quite popular too. He is, of course far too much of a gentleman to have a look himself. Some of his friends have mentioned it to him on occasion.

7:26 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

(After reading Master Marmite's comment, Lady Bracknell has been seized by a sudden and inexplicable coughing fit...)

7:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home