.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Normal service will resume shortly

Lady Bracknell feels that she must apologise to her readers for the current - and previously unwonted - dearth of new postings to her blog.

The editor appears to have sunk into some manner of a malaise, brought on, as far as Lady Bracknell can gather, by a sudden alteration of her responsibilities at work. It is difficult for her ladyship to proffer a more specific account, as the editor can currently barely be prevailed upon to speak.

Neither threats nor cajoling have proved successful in persauding the recalcitrant and obstinate woman to submit to the task of taking dictation, so Lady Bracknell must either learn how to type directly onto the computing device herself, or wait until the black cloud has dispersed.

In the interim, she hopes that her readers will be able to find something both instructive and entertaining in her earlier posts.

Support World AIDS Day

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady Bracknell is in excellent company. May I remind her that some most distinguished individuals have experienced this problem, ranging from St Augustine and John Bunyan to Winston Churchill. However, her Ladyship strikes me as, above all, a survivor, and I am confident that she will surmount this with the passing of time. My best wishes for her speedy recovery.

10:16 am  
Blogger marmiteboy said...

I hope the editor is back in fine fettle soon.

I'd like to point out to her ladyship as I have to the editor in private that the work she carried out was very much appreciated by all of her colleagues. The fact that it has been taken away from her is not only an outrage but it is also beyond stupid.

Those responsible will soon see the error of their ways and they will realise just how indespensible the editor is. Her knowledge is unsurpassed and her support unwavering. The fools who made this decision will soon come to understand this.

I know how sad she is at the pasing of this era, but I hope she can gird her loins (something that she is very good at, their is rarely a loin ungirded in her presence) and spread the world in her new role as a correspondent for probably the most influencial media organisation in the world. She has much to impart to the masses. And we all look forward to her asides.

Marmiteboy for one thanks her from the bottom of his heart.

12:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own editor rarely has a sensible word to say in these situations, other than that he hopes you're OK, that the black cloud passes soon, and that he's thinking of you. He generally also goes on to recommend a nice warm duvet - and tea.

4:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it would lift the editor’s spirits somewhat if her Ladyship were to point out that the closure of one door, albeit a very significant and oft-traversed one, is not the end – either of the immensely valuable service she provides now or of future possibilities. Her work in producing this dairy, in assisting the monkey (who, it appears, cannot go everywhere without her help) and, of course, in her ongoing one-to-one communiqués with her many friends and associates is appreciated more than she possibly realises.

I for one, as a fellow impoverished employee of Her Ladyship, value the editor both as a comrade in arms and as a friend. Knowing the editor as I do, I am utterly convinced that she will find further equally rewarding outlets for her undoubted talents; talents which are as natural and irrepressible as breathing. In the meantime I wish her well and assure her that I am available for whatever errands, chores, listening duties or words of encouragement she may require.

8:15 am  
Blogger pete said...

I would like to echo many of the sentiments expressed* above. I love reading your musings and your mistressly command of the english language. I don't know what happened, but me and me cats are willing to volounteer our screeching and howling services for use outside the villians work area!

*I have got into the habit of ordering two or five cups of espresso daily and not calling it expresso. So it is hard for me to espress myself properly.

Ελπίδα να δουν σύντομα

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home