.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Thursday, December 21, 2006

From Lady Bracknell's personal correspondence

Dear Timmykins,

It was extremely kind of you to send me such a charming Christmas card: I am most grateful.

Might I, however, make one small suggestion?

I know (from having received correctly-addressed seasonal greetings from you for the last decade) that you are in possession of the correct postal address for the current Bracknell Towers.

Perhaps you might care to delete the details of the address you hold for the previous Bracknell Towers so that you will not be tempted to use it in future?

I was fortunate in that the regular postman was in charge of my post today, and recognised my name from the many letters and packets he has delivered to me since he took over the round. Had the relief postman been in charge of your charming card, I fear I might never have received it.

A very merry Christmas to you and yours.

Your friend,

Augusta Bracknell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home