.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moomin marvellous!



If you had the sort of deprived childhood in which the Moomins didn't feature, or if your much-loved copies of those wonderful books have finally fallen apart from over-use, help is at hand.



The Book People are offering sets of six of the books for a mere £6.99.



(There are rather more than six in total, but this little lot would certainly fill that Groke-shaped hole in your life to be going on with.)



The Editor


Post script



I have just found a UK supplier which stocks the full range of Moomin mugs.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one - I hope you make a few converts. In my family we have two copies of each book, and I have to stop myself buying more when I see them... especially nice shiny new ones. (Yearns).

12:46 am  
Blogger marmiteboy said...

I don't know much about the Moomins myself but I know a little person who'd love these. I might ask Father Christmas to bring some for her.

12:35 pm  
Blogger DD said...

Some Moomin stories were made into audiobooks, but I think that the illustrations are part of the charm of children's books.

How about these?

1:00 pm  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Fabulous! I need a set of them.

6:31 pm  
Blogger Em said...

Ooh.... I NEEED these books... and one of each of the mugs...

(P.S. my sis used to call me 'little my' when I was small. :D )

9:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adored these books when I was a child.

We will not discuss my disappointment as an adult to discover that the dance troupe Mummenschantz has absolutely nothing to do with Moomins.

4:44 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Am I better not knowing, do you think?

Would I regret Googling?

5:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...would you regret it? An interesting question. I don't think so, and you might even like it for its own sake, but just don't expect it to have even the slightest connection to the delightful Moomins.

Here, see for yourself (oh, and look, I misspelled it the first time; oops):

Mummenschanz

My disappointment stemmed from the fact that I heard the name before I ever saw it written, and I did immediately picture people dressed up as Moomins on Midsummer Eve or something. But that could also be done very badly, very Disney on Ice, so perhaps I should really be relieved.

12:41 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Oh, I see....

I think I've seen film of them performing. Very clever. In an ever so slightly odd sort of way.

6:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home