.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sits vac

I believe I may have found the perfect employment opportunity for m'learned colleague, Dame Honoria.

"Articulate"? Check. "Has a way with words"? Check. "Deep-seated taste for the finer things in life"? Check.

Oh yes. This could be a marriage made in heaven.



(Note that I am Not Bitter At All that the fact that I have diabetes puts me out of the running. It isn't that I never indulge, you understand, but that my own "articulate" response to anything containing less than 70% cocoa solids is likely to be, "Eeeeeeewwwwwwww: far too sweet!!")


I may have to treat myself to some of these with guajillo chilli, though. You know, just to tide myself over this period of Not Being Bitter At All...










The Editor

6 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Mmmmmm, chilli chocolate .....

9:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem!

And again I say.... "AHEM!!"

Much as I love Honoria and wish her every success, do I really need to remind you that she is not the only person of your acquaintance for whom this might be considered a dream job?

And you've known me for far longer (sniff)

11:43 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Dude,

Had there only been the one vacancy, your howl of spurned anguish might have moved me to pity...

6:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. I know. But you didn't draw it to my attention!

Just hers!!

10:41 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

How dreadful of me to have kept this information secret from you in a calculated manner by the devious expedient of publishing it on a blog I know you read instead of emailing Dame Honoria with it privately in a covert fashion.


No, really: I'll understand if you don't want to be my friend any more...

5:24 am  
Blogger DD said...

Heavens, fancy Dude being jealous over a little chocolate! Just imagine how annoyed he'd be if he'd spotted the encrypted 'Free Gin' message hidden in your post :)

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home