.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We interrupt this blog for a short commercial break...

My very good friend Janelle, who is the design genius behind the Love Your Peaches range of clothing, has had her hair cut short since the last time she was photographed modelling the clothes. Those short curls really suit her.







Ok, so perhaps that's only really newsworthy to people who already know Janelle/her website.



But what it does allow me to do is to draw your attention to the new sweater knits; the new designs in polar fleece; and the fab new colours in the jersey streetwear. (I speak in particular of orchid. Magenta - which was not dissimilar - sold out very quickly last year. I don't see orchid lasting a lot longer, to be honest.)

I live in Janelle's clothes. Particularly in the jersey streetwear which combines cotton jersey with lycra, which washes and irons like a dream, and which goes on looking good for ever.

Don't be put off placing an order if you're in the UK. Janelle is more than happy to ship parcels over here; sterling is very strong against the dollar at the moment; the postage costs are not prohibitive; and somebody in the packing section is extremely talented. (I wouldn't have the first idea how to pack garments in such a way that they could be flown thousands of miles and emerge wrinkle-free at their destination. But the ladies at Love Your Peaches achieve this magical feat even with clothes made from 100% linen. I would fall at their feet in gratitude were it not for the fact that it would require an industrial winch to haul me upright again from that sort of recumbent posture. When ironing really hurts, the last thing you need to be doing is ironing garments which you haven't even worn yet!)

If you are - or you know - a large lady who is sick and tired of trying to find flattering clothes in good quality fabrics in the UK, you won't regret placing an order with Janelle. In fact, you'll never look back. I promise.


The Editor

5 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

That is so unfair! They are lovely clothes, why aren't they available for short skinny people like me??

1:22 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

For all I know, there may be someone else almost as talented running a website selling clothes she has designed for short, skinny people.

Oddly, my own interwebnet researches have never taken me in that direction...

No, but seriously: I think the theory is that you skinny persons have an infinitely-wider pool of off-the-peg clothing at your disposal.

On the other hand, I do recognise the fact that those of us who are large and tall can carry off big, dramatic shapes which would swamp our short, slender sisters.

And brothers.

Poor Pop - being somewhat on the titchy side himself - has had to eschew the full-length mackintosh entirely on the grounds that, when he wore one, people assumed he had no legs :~(

9:41 pm  
Blogger DD said...

Pop has my sympathies. If I try to wear grownup dresses, I look like a child who's raided mother's wardrobe.

I would love to sweep down a wide staircase in a "Scarlett O'Hara" style gown, but would look like an animated meringue.


Errm, OK, hobble/slither down a wide staircase.

10:08 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

On the other hand, you get to look cute and girly and adorable.

Which, for some of us, is not an achievable ambition.

I get to intimidate people. And block out the sun.

It's swings and roundabouts...

10:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coo err. Crumbs. Gosh.

My two favourite bloggers, slogging it out in a contest each to prove that the other's problems are so much better than their own.

Ok Dude! Just back slowly away, say nothing and hope they haven't noticed you lurking on the sidelines....

12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home