.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Don't look, Ethel! #2


Regular readers will be aware that I am occasionally subject to irresistible urges to check - just for the purposes of research, you understand, and very definitely not with a view to increasing the size of my household even by one tiny, adorable, cuddly, curly kitten - who is currently looking for a home on the Selkirk Rex Cat Club website.




No doubt my iron self-discipline on this matter will come as something of a disappointment to Amazolou's Mister Fantastic, as it is clear from his expression that nothing would amuse him more than coming to play with Bertie.







Always assuming, of course, that Bertie hasn't gone into hibernation:-







The Editor

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I didn't know that touching Bertie's exposed tummy would get me rather severely clawed...

Wish I had room for that adorable little Selkirk Rex kitten - perhaps we could share him. Or maybe I'll just have to drool over his picture instead.

Presumably Caspar is unconcerned about these musings, much preferring to go in and out of the back door and make sure you get your exercise for the evening?

Thanks for the pics - the cats are as laid back as ever!
Angie xx

9:09 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Bertie has never raised a claw to me, in anger or for any other reason.

I wouldn't even attempt to touch Cas's tummy, because she would take my hand off, but Bertie loves having his tummy rubbed.

The laid-back temperament was one of the reasons I wanted a Selkirk in the first place. Fishbone always having been as nervous as a very nervous thing which has just had a rather nasty shock, I wanted a big, soft, cuddly cat who wouldn't shy away every time a leaf fell two streets away.

This is the kitten who purred like an outboard motor when the vet stuck the anaesthetic needle in him with a view to removing two parts of his anatomy.

He has the sunniest disposition in the world.

Unlike Cas. Who is an out and out drama queen and a right little madam. But you've got to love her: she is A Cat Of Character.

10:17 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

That is some highly impressive sprawling there.

9:07 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

It's the curled-up back feet which I find particularly endearing.

9:48 am  
Blogger fluttertongue said...

I think it's a sign of a pacifying owner that Bertie is happy to spread out in such a state. My cat and I are oftentimes to be found in similar sprawlings, happy to have such relaxing company.
Does he shed much? I can't quite work out how long his hair is. Mine is has very long, thick hair that falls out everywhere so she's become increasingly restricted in her movements as Dad notices neat patches of black and white fluff all over the place.

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuzzy tummies everywhere! Yay!

4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home