.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Saturday, February 02, 2008

In which Pop behaves in a suggestive manner

Pop is away in Leeds this weekend, at a conference. He drove up there yesterday morning.

In one of my phone conversations with him on Thursday, I said it was a shame that I was going to be in the office the next day because, had I been working from home, he would have been able to phone me from the car. He said he would find alternative amusement in running people over.

Satisfied, therefore, that he was unlikely to expire from boredom, I thought no more about it until I spoke to him again later that evening. He, on the other hand, had clearly been giving the matter some thought in the interim.

"What you could do", he said, "is get up at 5 a.m., have your shower, take your meds and eat your breakfast, and then you'd be available to talk to me when I set off".

"Ha!", I said.

"Let me get this straight", I said.

"You expect me to get up an hour before the heating comes on on one of the coldest days of the year, and shower in cold water just so that you won't be bored on the first leg of your journey to Leeds?"

I may also have said things like, "Pshaw!" and, "As if!".






Guess what time I woke up yesterday morning?


It would seem that, on his return, Mr Larkin and I may need to have a little talk about the consequences to our mutual affection of him planting suggestions in my subconscious.




The Editor

2 Comments:

Blogger laughing said...

I see no reason why you should get up that early, but I'm afraid I don't understand why you can't turn the heat up an hour earlier if you wanted to.

I'm sure I'm confused due to not paying attention to some earlier post, and that this perfect makes sense to everyone else.

So did you talk to him, or did he run over a bunch of people?

12:26 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

If you're looking for logic, sense or factual accuracy in anything Pop and I say to one another when we're playing, I'm afraid you will be sorely disappointed...

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home