.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Note to committee member

Yes, thank you: you are the sixth person to bring this to my attention.

I am aware that it is completely unacceptable. And that something needs to be done, and done urgently, to prevent its ever coming to fruition.

But, when I tell you that I am working on it right now, that means I am working on it right now.

Phoning me three times while I am working on it - and offering to give me your private email address in case I haven't finished it before you go home - is not helping.



The Editor

6 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Which part of **!@ off didn't they understand?

10:27 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

There's nothing for it but to produce typed status reports four times an hour until the situation improves.

9:51 am  
Blogger Katie said...

Something must be done, lady bracknell!

2:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tell you what though, it's unacceptable. I hope you're doing something about it.

4:00 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

I think the last three commenters are really rather brave, considering that the thing which must be done is still ongoing...


Dame Honoria,

It is considered bad form to tell one's committee members to poke off. (Unless they are the Dude.) Nevertheless, most are decidedly more adept than the individual in question at recognising icy politeness as barely-concealed rage.

6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Dude knows barely concealed rage when he sees it, and steers a wide evasive course to a place of sanctuary until the storms subside. There is always the possibility that her ladyship might sue.

Not for me the paths of foolishness where the person who is more daring roves.

1:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home